Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Homemade Chocolate-Orange Marmalade Cheesecake

chocolate-orange marmalade cheesecake

When I move to company housing, which I currently staying at, the company provided us with some meals starter pack. It includes Morin orange marmalade jam, which unfortunately is not really our favorite kinda jam. So... I think it will be nice if I make something out of it. So I then bought some cream cheese, whipped cream, cacao powder, and then figured out what I can make with all of those later on.

I finally came up with Tulban Cheesecake recipe I once made before for our anniversary and modify it with orange marmalade jam.

Here it goes...

mixture I :
200 gr cream cheese
50 gr margarine
50 gr castor sugar
1 egg
50 gr self raising flour
orange marmalade jam as much as you like... I used almost a half bottle! :p

mixture II:
120gr margarine
150gr castor sugar
3 eggs
100gr self raising flour
40gr cacao powder
25ml milk (but I replace this with whipped cream, just so I don't waste it since I already bought one!)

and for topping:
a cup of coffee (you may add rum if you're not a moslem... hehehe!)
whipped cream and sugar... as you like! mix it! Easy cheesy but still yummy! :)

How to make:
  1. mixture I: mix cream cheese, margarine, castor sugar until soft. Pour in the egg while mixing then the flour. When all are well mixed, blend in the orange marmalade jam. Put it aside.
  2. mixture II: mix margarine and castor sugar, add eggs, then flour and cacao powder. Pour the milk then stir it well.
  3. pour half part of mixture II to the baking pan that you've already polished with margarine. then pour in the mixture I, and cover it with the rest of mixture II.
  4. put it on 170 celsius degree oven for 35 minutes.
  5. as the cake done and chilled, polish the cake with coffee until it gets a little bit wet and cover with whipped cream topping. Since I  ran out of cacao powder so I garnished it with Milo ball cereal. But actually cacao powder would definitely make it looks a lot nicer! :)
  6. EAT AND GET FAT! :))





No comments: